Imperative is dead, long live Declarative!
14 October 2020 · S.T.A.Y. Home #4, Remote
Abstract:Nowadays, the mobile world has started to see larger adoption of the declarative style to build UI as opposed to the (not so) old imperative style. This pattern is borrowed from the web world, from frameworks like React and Vue.js and it started to appear in the mobile world first with React Native, then with Flutter and finally, it captured the attention of the "native world" with Jetpack Compose and Swift UI.
In this talk, we will explore the declarative style of building UI compared with the imperative one. We will try to enter in this mindset by finding the differences and by looking at some examples of these patterns.
- Talk im Park #4 mit Pascal Welsch: Understanding Declarative UI
- Chain React 2019 - Leland Richardson - React, Meet Compose
- Pete Hunt: React: Rethinking best practices – JSConf EU
- Jessica Kerr - Functional Principles In React
- Cross-Language React - Leland Richardson
- React as a UI Runtime
- Pure UI
- Compose From First Principles
- KotlinConf 2019: The Compose Runtime, Demystified by Leland Richardson
- KotlinConf 2019: Compose Yourself: Designing a Kotlin First UI Toolkit by Anna-Chiara & Clara
- Inside Flutter
- try! Swift NYC 2019 - SwiftUI for Production
- Understanding Jetpack Compose — part 1 of 2
- Under the hood of Jetpack Compose — part 2 of 2
- State and Jetpack Compose